I know that it may be exciting to finally see the light at the end of the tunnel to close on your new home, but don’t forget to go back to the home to make sure that everything is exactly how you want it! Many things might have changed since the last time you looked at the home and you don't want to be surprised when you close on the house and you're ready to move in and the carpet has been stripped or paint has been splashed on the walls. So just to make sure everyone is one the same page just go sweep through the house!
Things to do in the final walk through:
- Check items you purchased with the house are still in tact
- Ensure that requested repairs have been made
- Check windows and doors
- Check for mold and water damage
- Check appliances and systems
- Check electric
- Check for leaks and plumbing problems
- Make sure landscaping is correct
- Require cleaning is done in and around the home
- Check roof and gutters
- Make sure you have a certificate of occupancy
A final walk through is super important that you make suer and accomplish. Also you want to have a professional look at the home as well. If available you may even want to purchase good home warranty for the first year because it will cover any costs for repairs that you may have missed. I know you will be busy on thinking about what you are going to put where, but in the end you will be appreciative of not having to fix repairs.