This recipe is hands down the Best Homemade Cinnamon Rolls Ever.
The perfect soft, fluffy, gooey cinnamon rolls are right at your fingertips.
- 1 cup warm milk
- 1 tablespoon instant dry yeast
- 2 tablespoons white granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons salted butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup salted butter, melted
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup salted butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milkInstructions:
- Combine warm milk, yeast, sugar, salt, butter, eggs, and flour in a bowl with mixer at low speed until soft tacky dough is formed.
- Transfer dough to lightly greased mixing bowl and cover with a towel until it rises double in size (about an hour).
- Roll out dough on baking sheet into a 12 inch by 18 inch rectangle.
- Brush the dough with ½ cup melted butter. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle on top of melted butter. Roll up tightly so you have one long roll.
- Use plain dental floss or knife to cut the dough into 12 one inch slices.
- Place slices onto 9x13 pan, cover, and let rise 30-45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325 and bake rolls for 14 minutes.
- Make cream cheese glaze by mixing cream cheese and butter in a bowl until fluffy. Whip in powdered sugar and vanilla extract. Add enough milk to achieve drizzle-like consistency.
- Frost the rolls while still warm.
Recipe and photo credit: